At Al Borg Medical Laboratories we believe that technology exists to serve people. This means we spend time thinking about how people interact with the world around them; about the cognitive process. We enjoy a workplace where curiosity and ambition are put in service of making software that makes people smarter.
If you join us, you will find all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup, minus the fads and pretension. We don't work 90-hour weeks but we do work in an effective manner. We don't think it's old fashioned to have a sensible business model and we enjoy working with smart people.
Al Borg Medical Laboratories now has growing teams in KSA, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, and Bahrain. Wherever you join us you'll find the same things: smart colleagues, a stimulating environment and opportunity.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Department: Clinical Pathology Laboratory
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor, Lab Senior Tech.
Liaises with: Lab Phlebotomist, Reception, Medical Secretary and Housekeeper.
Responsible for: Lab testing
Summary of duties:
He/she is responsible for Performance of a variety of technical tasks and laboratory examination of specimens and body fluids in the recommended way.
Detailed Job Description:
1. Each individual performs only those tests that are authorized by the laboratory director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual's education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
2. They follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
3. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
4. Follow the laboratory's established corrective action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
5. Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
6. Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
7. Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
8. Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
9. Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
10. Inoculate broths, or other bacteriological media with organisms.
11. Maintain sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for performance of duties.
12. Responsible for all quality and safety improvement related to his job.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by lab supervisor and director.
Education: Work requires a basic science background normally acquired through a health care institute (DMLT).
Certification: as a Lab technician by a nationally recognized board/agency and License as a technician by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS).
- Requires at least 2 years of experience in medical laboratory field.
- Duty hours are required to accommodate changing business needs.
Good command of the Arabic and English language.
This job description is subject to periodic review and may be changed at any time in consultation with the employee.
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Career Area: Graphic Design/Marketing
Job Specialty: Graphic Design and Marketing Communication
Employment Type: Full time
Posted: June 4, 2018
- Meeting account managers or management to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and managing his/her own time;
- Developing/executing design briefs that suit the purpose of the company and marketing department;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to management and the marketing department team;
- Working with a range of media, including Adobe Software family (Photoshop/Illustrator critical) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies; Familiar with Video Editing software such as Final Cut or Adobe Premiere; Ability for 3D design also recommended using 3DStudioMax (3DS) or Cinema 4D;
- Proofreading in Arabic and English to produce accurate and high-quality work; Excellent Arabic language skills and copywriting is critical.
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers; Good photography skills if available;
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.